Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mom!


This is a picture of my Mom, taken last Wednesday on her birthday.  I can't tell you how old she is, but I can tell you it was a milestone birthday and she doesn't look her age!  The flowers were from my brother and his family.  I wanted to get both the flowers and my Mom in the same picture so Mom crouched down behind the kitchen counter for the picture.


Our weather has not been very spring-like.  The only flowers that will survive right now are flowers inside the house.  I made my Mom this daffodil table runner and matching hot pad.  On my Mom's birthday, she got to see the table runner as a flimsy.  I finished the quilting today and delivered it to her today as a finished table runner. 

The table runner finishes at 17" x 43.5".  The pattern is,  "#144 - It's Fast, It's Easy" by Canadian designer Ursula Riegel of Designs to Share With You.  http://www.designstoshare.com/patterns/index.php5

Happy Birthday, Mom!

2 comments:

Mom said...

it is just perfect for a March birthday I would say
Mom

Linda C said...

actually didn't she also score that hot pad because she kindly waited for the quilter to finish up? VBG

Happy Birthday to your mom!