Thursday, June 16, 2011

April FAB Birthday Challenge

Cher's birthday was April 27.  Life got in the way and we had to delay birthday party celebrations until June 16.  We had one two hour window in the evening on that day where all 5 FABs were available.

Cher opened each present and described the contents in detail until the pictures could be distributed through the e-mail system.

I made Cher place mats.  (pattern:  Take Four Place Mats by Something Sew Fine / Cary Flanagan).  I downloaded the pattern from Quiltwoman.com. 

I love the patterns that you can download from Quiltwoman.com--no shipping costs and no waiting for mail delivery to bring the pattern to your house.  You place your order on line and shortly thereafter, the pattern is available for printing from your e-mail Inbox. 


I made the place mats reversible.  Two place mats had Valentine's Day fabric on the back and two place mats had Easter fabric on the back.
 
To match the fabric on the front and back of each place mat, I made the binding reversible.

 For fun and because Cher's birthday is near Easter, I included one Easter place mat / table topper.  This Easter Egg pattern was designed by one of our Quilt Guild members during our Guild's Place mat of the Month program this year.

The egg is reversible as well.

My friend started to call these, Cadbury eggs.  I think the name is great!

1 comment:

Linda C said...

The pieces all turned out so cute! That reversible binding gave you a chance to try a new technique and finish the set of placemats off with fun backs for holiday usage. Clever girl!